Department of Public Works
RECYCLING & CURB SIDE PICK UP GUIDELINES
DO NOT PUT OUT BEFORE 5:00 PM
WE DO NOT PICK UP ON LEGAL HOLIDAYS
TRASH MUST BE BAGGED (NOT OVER 50 POUNDS) AND PLACED IN A 32 GALLON CONTAINER
ALL RECYCLABLES MUST BE IN CONTAINERS MARKED RECYCLABLES
The containers (glass/metal/plastic) must be clean & placed loosely in the bottom of your recycle bin.
All paper items, such as newspapers, magazines & cereal boxes should be placed in paper bags on top of bin.
Pizza boxes & any shape styrofoam are trash, not recyclable!!!
Card board boxed must be flattened and no longer than 3 feet X 2 feet.
- 1. EACH UNIT WILL BE ALLOWED 2 PICK UPS PER YEAR. TO BE PUT ON THE LIST YOU MUST CALL ON MONDAY MORNING AFTER 8:30. THERE ARE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF STOPS WE CAN MANAGE ON FRIDAY, DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES ON THE ANSWERING MACHINE. IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL BULK PICK UPS THERE WILL BE A CHARGE OF $25.00 THAT WILL BE BILLED TO THE HOME OWNER.
- 2. THE BULK SIZE MUST BE 8' LONG X 4' WIDE X 4' HIGH--OVERSIZED STOPS OR CLEAN OUTSWILL HAVE A CHARGE OF $100.00 BILLED TO THE HOME OWNER.
- 3. PROPANE TANKS WILL HAVE A $5.00 CHARGE.
- 4. TIRES WILL HAVE A CHARGE OF $5.00 EACH.
NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR BULK OR TRASH
- 1. Auto parts--including batteries
- 2. Construction, demolition or remodeling material
- 3. Concrete & bricks
- 4. Liquid paint
- 5. Chemicals- household or pool
- 6. Medical waste including hypodermic needles
- 7. Hazardous waste--including oil & gas
To have yard waste picked up call 462-5512. Leaves & grass clippings must be in PAPER biodegradable bags. We will not pick up any plastic bags of leaves. Branches should be no longer than 4 feet and tied together.
We also take Christmas trees & wreathes in season.
It is the landlord's responsibility to make sure these rules are followed by their tenant(s).
MONDAY: ALL SOUTH OF PARTITION ST
TUESDAY: ALL NORTH OF PARTITION ST TO McNAUGHTON AVE
WEDNESDAY: ALL NORTH OF McNAUGHTON AVE TO 7th ST (BY DOANE STUART & CEMETARY)
THURSDAY: ALL NORTH OF 7th ST TO GRANDVIEW ESTATES