Follow the links below for resources for new or small businesses
1. Economic Development Loan Program: In order to promote job creation, the City of Rensselaeradministers this program to offer loans at a belowmarket rate to eligible businesses. Click here for (pg 1, pg 2) the Economic Development Loan Application and the program guidelines.
2. SCORE.org - SCOREis a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helpingsmall businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide. SCORE is a resourcepartner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and has beenmentoring small business owners for more than forty years.
3. Senator for New York State Kirsten Gillibrand and the GrantsCentral webpage:http://gillibrand.senate.gov/services/grants_central/
a. Thematic grant guidebooks serve as a starting point inproviding information about what resources are available to individuals,businesses, community organizations and local governments who seek federalfunds.
4. Empire State Development’s Division for Small Business webpage: http://www.esd.ny.gov/smallbusiness.html
a. The Division directs a wide array of programs andinitiatives to support small businesses. Recommend reviewing the NYS Directory of Small Business Programs.
5. Rensselaer County Industrial Development Agency webpage:http://www.discoverrensselaer.com/econ/Home.aspx
a. Offering sales and property tax incentives, grants and low-cost capital to attract and retain businesses.
6. IRS Resources for Small Business Owners (website) (pdf)