The City Clerk's Office issues Certificates of Residence ONLY for student living in the City of Rensselaer and attending Hudson Valley Community College or is participating in one of its courses. Students residing in other municipalities in Rensselaer County must go to the Clerk in that municipality. 

Students applying to all other colleges who reside in the City of Rensselaer or the County of Rensselaer please visit or call the Rensselaer County Bureau of Finance.  Phone: 518-270-2751.  Address: 1600 7th Ave. Troy, NY  

For additional information and to complete the form please click the link below: