Building Department Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM M-F
Phone: (518) 465-1693
Fax: (518) 462-0890
Tim Lippert - Building and Zoning Department Administrator [email protected]
David Ellis – Code Enforcement Officer [email protected]
Bill DiCicco - Code Enforcement Officer [email protected]
Rachel Love - Senior Clerk For General Inquiries and Questions Please Email Rachel at [email protected]
The Building Department issues building permits and conducts inspections under the locally adopted International Building Code, enforces the local Zoning Code, conducts inspections to issue Certificates of Occupancy, and conducts construction site inspections under the local Erosion & Sediment Control law.
Building Permits are required for all structural, roof, and siding work as well as certain types of repair work. Residents are encouraged to contact the department to determine if their project will require a permit. Homeowners and Contractors will be asked to demonstrate proof of insurance before being issued a permit.
Typical turn-around time for a building permit is 7 to 10 days.
Please be advised that building department requires at least 24 hours notice before scheduling a building inspection.
If you are looking to do work on your existing city home, plan new construction, or are relocating a business to our city, please contact our office so we can assist you with our local rules and application procedures.
- Building and Zoning Permit Application Fees
- Building Permit Application **Incomplete Building Permit Applications Will Not Be Processed**
- NYS Building and Zoning Codes
- Site Plan Review and Special Use Permit Request Application
- Rental Dwelling Registry
- Vacant Building Law
- Vacant Building Registration Form
- Q & A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING REGISTRY AND CERTIFICATE OF OCCUPANCY
- BUILDING DEPARTMENT COMPLAINT FORM **Please Include Contact Information For Follow-Up. All Information is Confidential**