Information on permit procedures for new business.

Information on posting business signs.

Information on accessory structures (i.e. sheds).

Information on screening (i.e. fences and shrubs).

Information on the rental registry and certificate of occupancy.

Issue a complaint - to issue a complaint please mail or fax (518-465-2031) the Office of Building and Zoning. Include the property address and the nature of the complaint or issue. A code enforcement officer will follow-up based on the substance of the complaint.

Information on Building permit fee schedule.

Information on the 100-year floodplain. Click the link to the FEMA Map Service Center webpage to determine whether the property of interest in located in the floodplain. The floodplain essentially includes the land between that area west of the Hudson river and east of both South Street and Broadway north of Partition Street as well as those areas near the Quackenderry. 

Information on NYSERDA's EmPower New York program. Households with limited income might qualify for cost-savings and providing energy efficiency services such as lighting, refrigeratior replacement, and insulation.  

Homebuyer Assistance Information. First time homebuyer assistance, education, etc. – covers all of Rensselaer County as well as therest of the Capital District