Follow the links below for resources for new or small businesses
- Economic Development Loan Program: In order to promote job creation, the City of Rensselaeradministers this program to offer loans at a belowmarket rate to eligible businesses. Click here for (pg 1, pg 2) the Economic Development Loan Application and the program guidelines.
- SCORE.org - SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to educating entrepreneurs and helpingsmall businesses start, grow, and succeed nationwide. SCORE is a resourcepartner with the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA), and has beenmentoring small business owners for more than forty years.
- Senator for New York State Kirsten Gillibrand and the GrantsCentral webpage: http://gillibrand.senate.gov/services/grants_central/
- Thematic grant guidebooks serve as a starting point inproviding information about what resources are available to individuals,businesses, community organizations and local governments who seek federalfunds.
- Empire State Development’s Division for Small Business webpage: http://www.esd.ny.gov/smallbusiness.html
- The Division directs a wide array of programs andinitiatives to support small businesses. Recommend reviewing the NYS Directory of Small Business Programs.
- Rensselaer County Industrial Development Agency webpage: http://www.discoverrensselaer.com
- Offering sales and property tax incentives, grants and low-cost capital to attract and retain businesses.
- IRS Resources for Small Business Owners (website) (pdf)